Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Concrete!

Ok, "daily" is now clear yet it has not become any easier to do… how do you do it?

How do I do it? How do I put my daily yoga programme together?

First of all, I take into consideration everything that is important in yoga:

  • Asana
  • Pranayama
  • Dharana
  • Dhyana

For the definite selection of the yoga techniques I also have to considert my current situation which is constantly changing and determined by my wishes, needs and distracting factors - so that I have to adapt my programme continuously.

More specifically :-), this is what my current, daily wish-programme looks like:

  • Surya Namaskara
  • Uddiyana Banda und Nauli Kriya
  • Asana
  • Pranayama
  • Trataka
  • Meditation

Why do I call it wish-programme?

Because I have not entirely succeeded in doing the whole programme on a consistant daily basis. For this reason this programme represents the target I am aiming at. Every time I have reached my target I will extend or change it.

Why choose this composition or mix? Asana, Pranayama and meditation are the pillars of every yoga practice. But what about the other three?

  • Surya Namaskara: Because it is a self-contained complete programme implying asanas, pranayama, synchronisation of breath and movement, mantra meditation and concentration on the chakras - see the book of Swami Satyananda Saraswati on this subject.

  • Uddiyana Bhanda and Nauli Kriya: As these are two techniques massaging and energizing all inner organs (not to speak of the effect on manipura chakra and the elevation and refinement of the energy). For this reason they influence the whole body deeply and make sure that all my body processes function properly.

  • Trataka: Because it is a highly effective concentration and visualization technique - and therefore very useful for the achievement of my targets. Further on I will give more tips on that.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment